Saturday, April 3, 2010

Our very FIRST run!


Today was our very FIRST group run. Could NOT have been a better day to run, in AK in early April that is. It was great to see people show up and I think everyone had a great time! Some people were able to run farther than they thought and that was awesome! I felt like a very proud momma! Did I tell you it would be easier in a group or did I tell you?

If you weren't able to make it this morning, you were missed. And a big thanks to those of you who came and ran. I hope our club can keep growing and include anyone in the Valley who loves to run or wants to start (learning) to love to run. Next week will be a 6 miler, with the 3 miles marked as well if you aren't feeling up for that distance quite yet. Keep running, keep spreading the word about our FANTASTIC new club, and hope to see you all again next week!

P.S.- If you would like a copy of the 1/2 Marathon Training Schedule we are using please let me know and I can email it out.

4 comments:

  1. LOL ya i want a copy evcen though i wont be able to do it with you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. send me your email addresses and I wil send it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, this is aunt Clyda... I'd love to see your training schedule. Doing a 1/2 in june and don't really HAVE a schedule. It might help?? e-mail address is briantt@allwest.net Thanks Keep up the running!! Wish I had company!

    ReplyDelete